In order to have your ARTICard ready for you upon your arrival, we ask that you submit a high-quality color photo against an all-white background. A Passport Photo is preferred. If a Passport Photo is not possible, you may send a color snapshot showing a full front view of your head and shoulders according to the requirements shown on this site. Cell phone pictures taken against a blank wall or a bedsheet work really well for this.
By submitting this photo for your ARTICard you agree this photo may be used by SAIC. SAIC departments may request Faculty/Staff/Student pictures to be used for official business. Please contact the ARTICard Office if you have questions about this policy at (312) 629-9362 or email@example.com.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.
To begin the MyPhoto process, please start by reviewing the details of the required passport style photo. A photo suitable for the ARTICard will meet the following criteria:
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast
in the photo
- Student's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features of student should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- The entire face should be in focus
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Background of solid white
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- No borders.
- No shadows.
- Image should be properly focused.
- Passport style, color and taken in the last 6 months
- See examples of well-composed/unacceptable photos.
- A passport photo in .jpg format works best!
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram to the above:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo,
please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the ARTICard
site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
This page displays your account information used by MyPhoto:
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you
are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please
crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can
also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “CONTINUE TO STEP 4”
Step 4 will display a sample of photo. Compare the sample photo with your ARTICard
shown with your uploaded photo.
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
Does your photo look like the given example?
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance
and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool:
I have reviewed the necessary photo requirements of SAIC. I understand that if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted, my application may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted. I hereby certify that the information provided is correct and the photo I am uploading is a true image of myself. I understand that by submitting this photo may it may become part of my official record and can be used by SAIC for official purposes. Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the ARTICard system.
- Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to
the ARTICard system.
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display
that will contain your tracking number as shown below:
Thank you for submitting your photo to the MyPhoto Site.
Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our database.
Student is provided a tracking number to track the status of their photo.